Connect to external web services to add data to your app
Connect to external webservices to show data from other sources, or even create, update and delete data. Use your app as a way to get your data updated by app users who are not in the office or share data with your app users where ever they are via the same interface. Authentication can be based on API key, bearer token or basic auth.
You first setup a New web service collection which is used by the List, One, Create, Update and Delete webservices which belong to this Web service Collection. Enter the Authentication method an connection parameters once and use it for all of the underlying webcalls.
Define the separate web services you need and add blocks in your app to show the information in your app.
- 1.Choose Web services in the left side navigation of your app
- 2.Click + New Collection to add your first webservice
- 3.Enter the Resource URL , that's the base url which is used by the List, One, Create, Update and Delete webservices which belong to this Web service Collection
After defining the Web service collection, you can start configuring the web service
- 1.Select for example the List web service
- 2.Add specific parameters if needed
- 3.Click the Setup now4. The Tab Fields will be opened and if you have setup everything correctly, the fields within the web service will be shown5. If you don't need all of the information within the app, you can deselect those fields by unchecking the checkbox and Save your changes.
After you have connected your web service to your app, you can add blocks to your app to make the data visible
- 1.Open the Content tab of your app
- 2.Click the red + block button
- 3.Select the Advanced tab
- 4.Select the List to show a list of items in a screen. The detail page will be added automatically
- 5.Click Add this block
- 6.Select the right data source, in this case the List web service
- 7.In your app a green List block will be added with a detail page below it.
- 8.On the List block you can Enable or disable information to show in the list using the switches.
- 9.For advanced editing, select the Elements tab in the left top corner. This article explains to you how to use the element editor to fine tune the design .
- 10.You can finetune the Detail page in the same way.