Allows app users to send an e-mail with the click of a button.
The building block also allows you to enter a predetermined subject. Clicking on the menu item created by the Email block opens an email client on the user's smartphone without going to a different screen first.
This allows users to quickly send you an email without needing to remember or type out your e-mail address.
- 1.Click on + Block.
- 2.Select the Email block and click Add this block.
- 3.Fill in the recipient email address.*
- 4.Fill in the subject line that will be displayed as a default.Enter the recipient email address and subject line for the Email block here.
- 5.Click Continue.
- 6.Fill in the name of the block.Change the block's icon and title here.
- 7.Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- Replace allows you to choose from a wide range of AppMachine icons or upload your own.
- Delete removes the icon so that only text is used.
- 8.When you’re done, click Add this Block. * AppMachine will check if you've entered a valid email address format and confirm its validity with a green checkmark. AppMachine doesn't check whether the email address you've submitted is active so please check for spelling errors.
Now that you've added the Email building block, it's time to configure it. There are only two settings screens available here: Settings and Design.
Settings allows you to influence how the block will function and the Design settings will determine the aesthetics of the block, though these are limited for the Email block.
Here you can change a number of things like:
- The name of the building block
- The icon that will show up in the app menu
- The email address
- The subject line
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the ON/OFF selector.
Slide the selector to OFF to keep users from seeing the Email block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, change the selector back to ON to publish this portion of your app.
These settings allow you to make aesthetic changes to your app in magnificent detail. The email block's design settings are limited as the screen is linked to the mail client used on the device.