Setup Apple Push certificate
This article explains you how to create and upload Apple push certificates. This can be done after your app is published to the apple app store.
Before you can send your first push message, you need to prepare your iOS app:
- Your app needs to be published successfully to the Apple app store
- You need to add a Push certificate to your app
There are two ways to find the wizard to create and upload your Apple Push certificate:
- Push message > New push message > Create new certificateAdd a Apple push certificate from the Push message screen
- Publish dashboard > Apple App Store tile > View certificate & API keys > Apple push certificates > Add certificateAdd a Apple push certificate from the Publish > Certificates and API keys
To create a new Apple push certificate you need to take the following steps:
- 1.Click the button to Download your Apple push certificate signing request file It's a difficult name, but all you need to know is that it is a file which AppMachine creates for you.
- 2.Remember the name of the Bundle Identifier in the grey box on this screen.
- 3.Click the button at Step 2 in the AppMachine wizard. This will open your developers account at Apple at the Identifiers screen. You might need to login before you will see that screen.
- 4.Search for the row where the identifier matches the Bundle identifier name shown in the wizard page in AppMachine. Click on that row
- 5.Scroll down in the page Edit your app configuration till you see Push notifications and click the Configure button on that row
- 6.Click on the Second Create Certificate button in the Production SSL certificate area It's important that you choose the Production certificate, otherwise sending push messages won't work!
- 7.Click the Choose File button at the bottom
- 8.and upload the cert.SigningRequest file which you just downloaded from AppMachine in your Downloads folder
- 9.Click Continue
- 10.Click Download
- 11.Activate the tab with AppMachine and click Continue
- 12.Click Select File and select the aps.cer file which you just download from Apple
- 13.Click Upload
- 14.Congratulations, you just configured your Apple app to receive push messages.
- 15.Select Push message in the left side navigation to start sending your first Push message.