Inviting a new Google Analytics user
This article explains how to invite a new user to your Google Analytics project.
When you enable Google Analytics for your Firebase project, a Google Analytics project will automatically be created on your Google Analytics account. Although Firebase shows some of the analytics available in Google Analytics, the full set of collected app analytics have to be viewed within the Google Analytics dashboard itself. Since Firebase and Google Analytics are separate products, users that have access to your Firebase project do not also automatically have access to the associated Google Analytics project.
The issue presented above can be resolved by inviting users to the Google Analytics project itself. This can be done via the following steps:
- 2.Open the analytics project to which you want to invite a new user via the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- 3.In the side menu, press the Settings icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- 4.Click Account Access Management.
- 5.Click the + button in the top-right corner of the screen to add a new user.
- 6.Enter the users' details, set the rights, and click Add to complete the process.
Invite a new Google Analytics user
When the user has accepted the invite, they will be able to view the project within their Google Analytics account by logging in to Google Analytics directly.
Additionally, users can navigate to the Google Analytics project via the View more in Google Analytics button on the Analytics page in Firebase.
Note that -in most cases- the Google Analytics project is registered to the same account as the owner of the Firebase project. Since these are both Google products, the owner will be able to login to Google Analytics with his regular Google account credentials.