Comment on page
Enable Cloud Messaging
This article explains how to enable the Cloud Messaging service within a Firebase project.
- 1.Open the Project settings page via the cogwheel in the top-left corner of the Firebase console.Firebase project settings
- 2.Open the Cloud Messaging settings page by clicking on the similarly named tab.Cloud Messaging settings
- 3.The Cloud Messaging API (Legacy) is displayed as Disabled. Open the more-options menu on the left-side of the frame and click the Manage API in Google Cloud Console button.Cloud Messaging API
- 4.You'll be re-directed to the Google Cloud Console in a new tab. There you'll be able to click the enable button to activate the Cloud Messaging API for your Firebase project.Enable Cloud Messaging
- 5.If prompted with the screen below: Select the right country, then select I agree and click the Agree and Continue button to close the prompt. Then, click the Enable button once more to active the Cloud Messaging API.Google Cloud Platform Terms of Service
- 6.Switch or close the browser tab to go back to your Firebase project and refresh the page.
- 7.The Cloud Messaging API should now be displayed as Enabled.