Show one or more PDF documents in your app
This building block is a way of giving users more information using PDF documents.
Please note: PDF support on Android is available by default on devices with the Lollipop operating system. Android devices with older operating systems require some kind of PDF reader app to open these PDFs.
Max file size for each PDF is 15MB.
- 1.Click on the + Block button.
- 2.Select the PDF block and click Add this Block.
- 3.Fill in the desired name of the block.
- 4.Click on the icon if you want to change the icon image used in the menu.
- 5.When you’re done, click Add this Block.
- 1.Select the PDF block in your app.
- 2.Go to the Data tab.
- 3.Click on the Create New button.
- 4.Fill in the name you would like to give the document in the pop up
- 5.Add an image you'd like to display next to the PDF document.
- 6.Upload the PDF file in the Upload file section.
- 7.Click Save
Hover the cursor over an existing entry to edit, rearrange or delete it.
- Edit: select the pen icon to change the item's name or replace the PDF file. When you're done click on Save to save.
- Rearrange: grab the handle on the right side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
- Delete: click on the garbage can to delete the entry from your block.
The PDF building block editor is composed of three editing screens: Data, Settings, and Design.
Data allows you maintain the content of the block, Settings allows you to choose whether a search bar is shown in this block, and the settings in the Design screen determine its aesthetics.
There are several aspects of your PDF block that can be changed in this screen:
- The name of the block
- The icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu
- Gives you the option of enabling the search bar
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the ON/OFF selector.
Slide the selector to OFF to keep users from seeing the PDF block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, change the selector back to ON to publish this portion of your app.
This is where you add the documents to your app.
The Design screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. Design gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it. The options in this particular block are slightly more limited than in other blocks as the screen will be dominated by the PDF document.
Why can't I upload my PDF file to my app in AppMachine?
Please remember that the max file size for each PDF is 15MB. Please check whether the PDF is too large to be uploaded or whether the PDF file might be corrupt. PDF files that are too large can usually be optimized in order to be saved as a smaller file size.