Show a single web page in your app.
Shows a single web page in your app.
- 1.Click on + Block.
- 2.Select the Web Page block and click Add this block.
- 3.Fill in the URL for the web page you'd like to show in the app.
- 4.Click Continue.
- 5.Fill in the name of the block.
- 6.Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- Replace allows you to choose from a wide range of AppMachine icons or upload your own.
- Delete removes the icon so that only text is used.
When you’re done, click Add this Block.
Now that you've added the Web Page block, it's time to configure it. There are only two settings screens available here: Settings and Design.
Settings allows you to influence how the block will function and the Design settings will determine the aesthetics of the block.
Here you can change a number of things like:
- The name of the building block
- The icon that will show up in the app menu
- The URL
- You can also select options to control whether the web page opens in an external browser, show navigation buttons, and you can designate when the page should refresh; upon each block visit or only at the first visit to the block.
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the ON/OFF selector.
Change the selector to OFF to keep users from seeing the Web Page block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, change the selector back to ON to publish this portion of your app.
These settings allow you to make aesthetic changes to your block. These are fairly limited in this block as the web page will load over most of the screen.