Opens a new screen with a list of videos in it. Clicking on one of these videos opens a new screen in which you can play the video.
You can pull your videos from a YouTube or Vimeo account or playlist. Video lists will update automatically when linking this block to a YouTube or Vimeo account.
- 1.Click on the + Block button.
- 2.Select the Video block in the Basic tab and click Add this Block.
- 3.Choose the source for your videos:
- CMS: Add one or more videos from YouTube or Vimeo
- Vimeo Channel: Show all Vimeo videos for a specific channel or user name.
- YouTube Channel: Show all YouTube playlists and videos for a specific channel
- YouTube Playlist: Show all YouTube videos for a specific playlist.
- YouTube User Videos: Show all uploaded YouTube videos in a single list.
- 4.Click Continue
- 5.If you've selected YouTube Channel, Vimeo Listing, or YouTube User Videos, the next screen will require that you fill in the YouTube Channel or Vimeo user you'd like to link to the block. Once that has been done, click Continue.
- 6.Fill in the name of the block.
- 7.Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- 8.When you’re done, click Add this block.
- 1.Click on + Add new item
- 2.In the Video Url field enter the URL for the video you'd like to add
- 3.Enter the Title, Duration, and Description for the video. The title and description can be the exact title and description of the video as shown on the platform or what you'd like shown in the app. The Duration should reflect the actual duration of the video.
- 4.Click Save
The Video building block editor is composed of two or three editing screens; Data, Settings, and Design. The Data tab/screen is only visible if the CMS option has been chosen.
The settings in the Settings editing screen determine how your block will function, Data allows you maintain the content of the block, and the settings in the Design screen determine its aesthetics.
There are several aspects of your Video block that can be changed in this screen; the name of the block, the top image, and the icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu. You can also choose whether you'd like the users to be able to share the videos.
If you've selected one of the following options, a lookup field is visible where you can link the desired channel or user to the block.
- Vimeo Channel
- YouTube Channel
- YouTube Playlist
- YouTube User Videos
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the ON/OFF toggle.
Change the selector to OFF to keep users from seeing the Video block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, change the selector back to ON to publish this portion of your app.
This is where you add or edit video sources. This screen is only visible if the CMS option has been chosen.
The Design screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. Design gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it. Design is not available to all users.
PLEASE NOTE: Adding YouTube videos to the app may require a 17+ age rating in the app stores.
Why won't my YouTube Playlist show when I try to enter it into the lookup field?
The YouTube Playlist section requires that three videos be added to the playlist in order for it to be made available via the lookup field. If you've recently added a video or videos to the playlist to meet the minimum of three videos, it may take some time for YouTube to compile the playlist and make it available via the lookup.