Comment on page
This document will walk you through the process of sending push messages to your app users. Push messages can be used to promote your product(s) and inform your customers of upcoming events.
- 2.Open the app to which you would like to send a push message.
- 3.Click on "Push Message" in the left vertical menu
- 4.Upon entering the ‘Push Message’ section, you will see an overview of all planned and sent push messages.
- 5.Click the blue ‘New Push Message’ button at the top of this overview to schedule a push message. >> If you have not uploaded a Apple Push certificate, your screen will look like this: Read more in this Setup Push certificate article before you can proceed to step 6. For Android there is no additional step required to start sending push messages
- 6.When adding a new push message, you will have to fill out a few fields in order for it to be sent successfully.
- 7.Enter the message you wish to sent to your users in the ‘Message’ field. Please note that a push message is limited in size, so try to keep your message to one or two sentences. Users are more likely to read and act on shorter messages.
- 8.Use the ‘Send on’ field to set a time and date for your push message. This can be used to schedule your push messages. Note that the time and date at which the message will be sent is based on the time zone you're in when creating the message.
- 9.Aside from the required fields there are a few optional fields you can use to enhance your push messages. The ‘Navigate to’ option will open the app in a given building block in your app when a user opens the push message. Besides this you can use the 'Send to' Android or iOS setting to specify the devices to which you would like to send your push notification.
- 10.After filling out the fields, hit the 'Save' button to schedule the push message.
Please note: The "open block" feature mentioned in step 10 may behave differently when using the "Sliding menu" style as main menu in your app.
You can now also send push messages to specific customer categories. Customers can sign up for a specific category in their native app. When you navigate to the Push Message screen in the left vertical menu you can add your categories on the right side. Your customers can sign up for one of your categories in your native app.
Configure your Push message categories which customers can sign up for in your native app
When you create a new Push Message the modal will give you the added option to select a category.
Select the category of customers you want to send your push message.
Users can be granted rights in the app so that they can send push messages from within the app. Make sure that user login is enabled in your app in order to allow users to register in the app and so that they can be assigned the role to send push messages from the app. For more information, please read the documentation under the User Management section.
To send a push message from your app (as a user with these rights), follow these steps:
- 1.Tap on the user icon in the top right corner of your app's home screen.
- 2.From the menu screen that pops up from the bottom of the screen, select Send Push Message If you don't seen this option, you haven't been granted the appropriate rights.
- 3.Enter your Message, select a Category (if relevant to the message), select when you'd like the message to be sent, and choose whether to send the message to All devices, only Android devices, or only iOS devices.
- 4.Once you're happy with your message and have selected the desired settings, tap on Send in the top right corner of the screen.
For a quick explanation of how to send a push message from your app, see the video below.