Show a list of people.
You can also add contact information, descriptions and photos of people in the list. Clicking on one of the people in the list opens a new screen with more information about that person.
This is an excellent way of introducing colleagues, committee members, or, perhaps, the speakers at an event that you're organising. You could even list the employees of the month or award winners in this building block.
- 1.Click on + Block.
- 2.Select the People block and click Add this block.
- 3.Fill in the name of the block.
- 4.Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- 5.When you’re done, click Add this Block.
Edit the content in the Data section of your People block.
- 1.Select the People block in your app.
- 2.Select the Data tab.
- 3.Click on the + Add new item icon to add new content.
- 4.Enter the details for the person profile you'd like to add.
- 5.Save your entry by clicking Save.
Hover the cursor over an existing entry to edit, rearrange or delete it.
- Edit: select the pen icon and edit the content. When you're done click on Save.
- Rearrange: grab the handle on the left side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
- Delete: click on the garbage can to delete the entry from your block.
The People building block editor is composed of three editing screens; Settings, Data, and Design.
The settings in the Settings editing screen determine how your block will function, Data allows you maintain the content of the block, and the settings in the Design screen determine its aesthetics.
There are several aspects of your People block that can be changed in this screen:
- The name of the block
- The icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu
- The top image for the People screen
- Whether you'd like the descriptions shown in the list.
- Enable featured items.
- Allow users to be able to share the events via twitter, Facebook, or email
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the ON/OFF selector.
Slide the selector to OFF to keep users from seeing the People block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, change the selector back to ON to publish this portion of your app.
This is where you add the products to your list.
The Design screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. Design gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it.