Setup Azure Active Directory
This article explains how to setup user authentication via Azure Active Directory for your AppMachine app.
In this article you'll read how to setup user authentication via Azure Active Directory. Configuring this correctly consists of the following steps:
- 2.Click +New registration to create a new app.Azure Portal - App registrations
- 3.Enter the name of your app.
- 4.Select the Single tenant option as the supported account type.
- 5.Set the Redirect URI to type Web and enter the following value:
- 6.Click Register to create the Azure application.Azure Portal - Register application
- 7.Open the Overview page of your Azure application.
- 8.Copy the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant) ID. These values will be required during the setup in AppMachine.Azure Portal - App overview
- 9.Open the Certificates & secrets page.
- 10.Click +New client secret.Azure Portal - Certificates & secrets
- 11.Enter a description and set the client secret's expiration time. Note: AppMachine is not able to track the client secret expiration date. When the client secret expires users will no longer be able to login to the app. To prevent this from happening, the client secret will have to be renewed and updated in AppMachine before the secret expires.Azure Portal - Add a client secret
- 12.Click the Add button to create the client secret.
- 13.Copy the value of the client secret displayed on the screen. This value will be required during the setup in AppMachine. Note: The Client Secret value can only be viewed once, directly after creating it.
- 15.Enable the options Azure Active Directory and Users can register a new account for this app.AppMachine - Login Settings
- 16.Click Configure and enter the Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret obtained via the steps above, and click Save to complete the setup.AppMachine - Configure Azure Active Directory
- 17.Finally, Save your changes on the Login Settings page to complete the setup.