Create Apple Sign In key
This article explains how to create an Apple Sign In key, which is required if you want to allow users to login to your app with their Apple ID.
In this article you'll read how to create an Apple Sign In certificate, and how to add this certificate to your app in AppMachine.
Start by navigating to the Certificates & API keys page of your app in AppMachine. You'll be able to open this page via the dropdown menu in the Apple App Store section of the Publish page.
On the Certificates & API keys page, click Add Certificate in the the Apple Sign In Certificates section.
Enable the 'Sign in with Apple' capability on the App ID of your app in the Apple Developer portal.
- Click on your app's identifier to open its details. Your app's identifier is provided in step 1 of the 'Add Certificate' wizard in AppMachine.
- Scroll down the page to enable the 'Sign in with Apple' option.
- Save and Confirm your changes.
Note: You don't have to make any changes to the configuration of the Sign in with Apple capability on this page. The default configuration for this capability is correct.
- Enter a description for the service (e.g. your app's name followed by 'Apple sign in').
- Enter the identifier provided by AppMachine. Your app's service identifier is provided in step 2 of the 'Add Certificate' wizard in AppMachine.
- Click Continue and Register to complete the services ID registration.
- Click on the service identifier that you've created in the previous step.
- Enable the Sign In with Apple option and click Configure.
- After opening the service ID configuration page (see step 3), open the Primary App ID dropdown and select the identifier that you've enabled 'Sign in with Apple' for in step 1.
- Enter the Domain and Return URL as provided by AppMachine. These values are provided in step 4 of the 'Add Certificate' wizard in AppMachine.
- Click Continue and Save to complete the configuration.
- Enter a name for the key (e.g. app's name followed by 'Apple Sign in key').
- Enable the 'Sign in with Apple' option and click Configure.
- Select the identifier of your app in the Primary App ID dropdown.
- Click Save to return to the Key registration page.
- Click Continue and Register to complete the key registration process.
- Download the key, and copy the key ID and Team ID.
- Upload and enter the key details in AppMachine.
You've now successfully linked your Apple Sign In certificate. You can now add Apple Sign In to your app by enabling the Apple Sign In option on the Login Settings page.