Comment on page
Shows the tweets from a Twitter account of your choosing.
The Twitter building block is a great way of keeping in touch with your fans. It allows them to react to your tweets and/or retweet them directly in the app. The Twitters account in question will follow the design settings of your app.
You can either choose to display tweets from a specified Twitter account or a list of tweets that contain certain buzzwords or hashtags.
- 1.Click on + Block.
- 2.Select the Twitter block and click Add this block.
- 3.Enter the Twitter username you wish to add to the block. You can also add buzzwords (hashtags) to the Buzzwords field (comma separated) to show the latest tweets related to that buzzword.Adding the twitter block.
- 4.Click Continue.
- 5.Fill in the name of the block.
- 6.Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- 7.When you’re done, click Add this Block.
The Twitter building block editor consists of two editing screens; Settings, and Design.
The settings in the Settings editing screen determine how your block will function, and the settings in the Designer screen determine its aesthetics.
There are several aspects of your Twitter block that can be changed in this screen; the name of the block, the icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu, the Twitter account that is linked to the block, and the buzzwords that you wish to show in the app.
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the ON/OFF toggle switch.
Change the toggle to to OFF to keep users from seeing the Twitter block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, toggle the switch back to ON to publish this portion of your app.
Please remember the following:
- Using multiple buzzwords is possible by separating these with a comma.
- Using account and buzzwords at the same time shows all tweets from that account and all tweets containing those buzzwords. This may be a lot. They are separated into two tabbed screens.
The Design screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. The block will default to the app-wide design you've chosen under the Theme block. However, you can choose to customize the design of the Twitter block. Design gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it.