Renew Firebase Server Key
This article explains how to renew your Firebase Server Key. Renewal can be required when your current key is lost or compromised, or when you've changed the Firebase project of your app.
This article explains how to:
- Revoke the Firebase Server Key of your app from the Firebase console.
- Create a new Firebase Server Key for your app in the Firebase console.
- Replace the currently used Firebase Server Key of your app in the AppMachine designer.
Good to know:
- Firebase is a Google service, and is therefor linked to your Google account.
- On the Pushmessages page in AppMachine you'll be able to find the Firebase Project ID, which is the project in which your Firebase Server Key resides.
- Push notification functionality will be restored as soon as the new Server Key is saved in AppMachine. A content or store update is not required.
- 2.Open the Firebase project of your app.
- 3.Click on the Settings icon in the top of the left-side menu and open the Project Settings page.Firebase project settings
- 4.Open the Cloud Messaging tab.
- 5.Locate and hover over the Server Key.
- 6.Click the trashcan icon to revoke the Server Key.Revoke Firebase server key
- 7.Confirm the removal by clicking on the Delete button.Confirm removal
The following steps assume that you're already logged into the Firebase console, and that you've navigated to the Cloud Messaging tab of the Project Settings page. If this is not the case, please follow steps 1-4 listed above.
- 1.On the Cloud Messaging page, click the 'Add server key' button.
- 2.A new Server Key will be generated and displayed on the page instantly.
- 3.Copy the Server Key so that you can use this for the next steps within AppMachine.Copy server key
If your Firebase project contains multiple apps, then repeat the steps below for each app in the Firebase project.
- 2.Open your app, then navigate to the Pushmessages page and open the Settings tab.
- 3.Paste the Server Key generated in the previous steps into the Firebase Server Key field.
- 4.Save your changes.
You've now successfully updated the Firebase Server Key of your AppMachine app(s) =-